Search and Filter Tricks
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Changing your default font setting in Microsoft Word
- How do I change my computer's time?
- How do I insert the Date Picker function into MS Word 2007?
- How do I view a TIFF (.tif or .tiff) file in Merus?
- Microsoft Word AddIns for Merus
- Printing mailing labels
- Remote Help Session
- Safari on the Mac logs me out of Merus every time I open a PDF
- Search and Filter Tricks
- Trouble viewing PDFs in Chrome (Windows)
- Trouble viewing PDFs in Firefox (Windows)
- Using the tab key when working with Merus on a Mac
^$ - Will search only for blank entries. For example, filtering contacts by company for "^$" will only return contacts that have no company attached.
Date Filters don't need complete dates to operate. MerusCase takes a guess at the intended filter if the data is incomplete. For example "1/1 TO 1/31" yields the same results as "1/1/2010 TO 1/31/2010" -- until 2011. Then MerusCase will guess that 2011 is the intended year, because the current year is assumed if no year was entered. This can be mitigated by adding a year to one of the range endpoints, e.g., "1/1 TO 1/31/2010".
If a filter returns only one result, there's no need to use the mouse to access the result. Just tap "Enter" ("Return" on Macs) and the single result will be opened automatically.
Unlimited filters are allowed. Placing two filters on the same field places an implicit "AND" on the search results. For example, creating two filters on the Applicant (name) column, one on "John" and one on "Jane", will display "Jane Johnson" but hide Mr. and Mrs. Smith.