Recording and adding a payment to an open invoice
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Adding new billing codes to ledgers
- Applying a Payment to an Invoice
- Bookkeeping in Ledger Activity
- Creating a Ledger Item
- Creating an Invoice
- Defining the Default Billing Rates in a Case
- Deleting an Invoice
- Exporting a LEDES98b Invoice
- Exporting an Invoice
- How to View an Open Invoice
- Importing Billing Codes
- Opening an Invoice as a PDF
- Recording and adding a payment to an open invoice
- Set up Auto Time Tracking in Firm Preferences
- Setting Default Billing Party in a Case
- Setting a Default Billing Rate for a User
- Setting and Using Quick Codes in Merus
- Setting up Courtesy Time Tracking
- Tracking Time in a New Case Activity
- Tracking Time while Composing a Message
- Tracking Time with a Ledger Item
- Undestanding the LEDES98b Invoice
- Using Billing Tags for Exported Invoices
- Using Uniform Task Based Management System (UTBMS) Codes in Merus
- Using a Custom Header on Invoices
- Using the Global Time Tracker
- What is a UTBMS code?
- Why aren't my UTBMS Codes showing up when adding a ledger item?
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Go to Books > Open Invoices
- From the Open Invoices page, there are two way to add a payment to an invoice:
Show/Edit Invoice Details
- A new box will appear with fields to fill out. It will have a table of all ledger items attached to the invoice.
- Click Save to Apply the Payment.
- The invoice will now show up on the Paid Invoices page and the payment will show on the Historical Payments page.
- On the Payment History page, you can view the Payment Details by clicking on the icon to the left of the item.
- If you wish to delete the payment, the invoice will return to Open Invoices, and the Payment will be removed from Historical Payments.
|Figure 3: Historical Payments|
Once you apply the payment to the invoice it should show up in Paid Invoices
|Figure 4: Click on paid invoices|
A new ledger entry will automatically be created in the Case to show the payment was received.
|Figure 5: Item appears in the ledger as paid|