Using the Upload Tool
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Assigning Uploaded Documents to a Case
- Auto-Opening Documents in Firefox
- Batch Uploading Documents
- Blocking Uploaded Documents from Going to Your Inbox
- Changing Firm or Branch Office Letterhead
- Changing an Existing Template
- Changing the Program that Opens Merged Documents
- Combining Documents Within a Case
- Compress / Combine / Zip Files and Upload Them
- Creating a Pleading Template in Microsoft Office
- Creating a Template
- Creating and Deleting a Filled Form
- Deleting Documents
- Disabling Word 2010's 'Protected Document' Feature
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2007 for Quicksave
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2011 on Mac for QuickSave
- Enabling QuickSave for Use in Merus
- File Size Limit for Uploads
- File Types You Can Upload in MerusCase
- Finding Court Forms
- Finding Uploaded Files
- Managing Uploads From Your Inbox
- Merging Documents
- Migrating Tritek Form Letter Templates to Merus
- Removing Headers and Footers When Printing
- Scanning Documents for a Batch Upload
- Three Essentials for the Template Creation Process
- Using .docx Files with Older Versions of MS Word
- Using Global Search for Documents
- Using the Drag-and-Drop Upload Tool
- Using the Upload Tool
- Applying Batch "Find and Replace" Operations to MerusCase Templates
- Inserting a Signature Image in Letter Templates
- QuickSave: Save to Merus
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
If you need to upload documents, templates or batch scans to MerusCase, our easy-to-use Upload Tool makes the process simple. Just follow these few steps:
- Navigate to Documents > Upload Tool.
From here, you can either:
- Click on the folder in the Upload Tool, which turns green when you hover over it, and select the files to be uploaded
- Or drag and drop files from your computer to the Upload Tool folder in MerusCase.
If you're using the non-drag-and-drop method of selecting files from a pop-up window, follow these steps:
- Click on the folder in the Upload Tool, which turns green when you hover over it.
- A window will pop open, allowing you to choose one or several files (this is a typical file browsing window generated by your operating system).
- If you wish to select multiple files, hold down the CTRL key as you select your files for Windows. If you're working on a Mac, hold the Command key as you select files.
- Select the Upload Type
Under Upload Type, choose an option that describes the type of file you are transferring to MerusCase. File type options include:
- Office (MS Word) Template
- Court Form Template
- Batch Scan
- Invoice Template
- Attach to case
If the uploaded file(s) are associated with a specific case, be sure to type in the case name in the "Attach to Case" field and choose the appropraite case from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click Upload.
The selected file will appear on the Upload Tool page under file progress. It will inform you when the process is complete.
Once the upload process is complete, you can find and manage your newly uploaded files in several locations.