Creating a New Case Activity
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Adding Tags to Activities
- Assigning a Case to a Branch Office
- Changing Case Details
- Consolidating / Merging Cases
- Creating a New Case Activity
- Creating a New Case
- Customizing Activity Tags
- Deleting a Case
- Editing Activity Shortcuts
- Editing a Case Activity
- Hiding a Case Activity
- Master File Overview
- Stale Case Notifications
- Viewing All Recent Firm Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Every time you merge or upload a document, send an email or create a calendar event and link it to a case, MerusCase automatically creates a new activity in your case's Activity Tab.
However, there may also be times when you want to add an activity to a case that does not get populated automatically. For example, when you receive or make a phone call pertaining to a case, you may want to record the details of that call in the case's Activity Tab. Start by following these steps:
1. Open a case (Go to Cases > Browse Cases and select your case from the list)
2. Click the Activities Tab
3. Click on New Activity in the upper, right-hand corner, and a New Case Activity window will appear.
4. Choose an Activity Tag
5. Edit dit the Date and Time
6. Insert a Description
*You may also use Time Tracking here.
5. Click Save.
This new activity will now appear in the Activity Tab, which tracks all actions, messages, and changes within a case. An activity, once created, cannot be deleted unless you are an Administrator or you just created the activity within the last 24 hours.