Restricting User Access Based on Location
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Adding & Editing Firm Branch Offices
- Adding a New User
- Changing Firm Settings / Details
- Changing a User's Access Level
- Checking Your User / Firm Administrator Status
- Deactivating a User
- Resetting a User's Password
- Restricting User Access Based on Location
- The Difference Between Admin and Non-Admin Users
- User Access Levels
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
You have the option to limit user access to MerusCase based on IP address. This means you can limit non-admin user access to only the office, or only the office and their home address by using an IP address white-list.
3. Go to the User List tab and locate the user for whom you would like to limit access.
- Use the filter and search bar to sort the user list by first name, last name, user name, status, initials, or even last login time.
|Filter for the users name|
4. In the User Account tab, click the Edit button on the right-hand side.
|Click in User Account and click Edit|
5. Then enter the IP address you would like to allow the user to log in from.
|Fill in the user account information and click Save|
Hint: You can see your current IP address by clicking the "Use this IP address" feature. Choosing the "Use this IP address" option will add your current IP address as one of the only IP addresses through which the user can access MerusCase. Separate IP addresses by using a comma.
|Change the IP address here|
Changing a user's access level
Deactivating a user