Setting up Outbound Emails in Merus
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Adding HTML to Your MerusCase Signature
- Composing a New Message
- Forwarding Messages to your Merus Email
- Linking a Message to a Case
- Marking a Message as High Priority
- New Message Alerts
- Outbox vs. Sent
- Sending HIPAA-Compliant Messages
- Sending a Message from Case Activities
- Setting up Incoming Emails in Merus
- Setting up Outbound Emails in Merus
- Shared Inboxes
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sending email using MerusCase's Messaging Interface allows users to send HIPAA compliant correspondance to clients as well as link messages to casefile data.
Setting up your Outbound Emails in Merus allows you to send email using your external email address such as. For example, "firstname.lastname@example.org."
To setup Outbound Emails:
- Go to Tools > Email Setup.
- Click the Outbound Accounts tab.
- Click Add New Outbound Email Account.
- Select the Account Type from the drop-down menu, and enter your email address in the User/Login field and set your password for this email account. All the rest of the information will be populated for you once you select the Account Type.
- Click Save.
- If you'd like to ensure that your email credentials have been entered correctly, click on Verify Outgoing Email Account. If all credentials are perfect, you will see a yellow notification at the top of your screen stating "Verification succeeded. MerusCase will retrieve mail from your external account every few minutes."