Keep track of all messages and interactions regarding a case by linking messages to cases. When you link a message to a case, a new case activity is created for this action.
Link a Message to a Case when Composing a New Message
1. Go to Messages > Compose or click on click on Compose on the right side of your screen from you Inbox tab.
2. Enter in the Case that you would like this message linked to in the case field. When typing the case, Merus will start automatically searching through your rolodex to locate the correct case.
3. Click on the case from the Merus rolodex.
4. Once a case is selected properly, it will be displayed in orange in the case field.
Link a Message to a Case when Composing a New Case Message
1. Go to the case you would like to link a new message to.
2. From within the case, click on Compose Case Message. You can find Compose Case Message either in your left-panel accordion menu under Case Overview, or from the Messages drop-down menu.
3. Once you click on Compose Case Message, the Compose interface will have the case you're in already populated.
Link a Message to a Case You've Received or Already Sent
1. From inside your Inbox (or Shared Firmwide Inbox), select the message you would like to link to a case.
2. From inside the message, click on Link to Case in the upper right of the window.
3. In a new window, the Description will already be filled with the message's subject. Fill in the Case and select an additional option Activity Tag.
4. Click Save.
1. Locate the correct case and be sure the desired case shows up in your Recent Cases list.
2. From your Merus Inbox, left-click and hold the mail icon in-line with your selected message.
3. While continuing to hold down your mouse, drag the message you just selected to the left-hand panel of your screen.
4. Release your mouse once the message is hovering over the correct case in your Recent Cases list.
5. Upon release, the message will be moved from your inbox to the case selected.
Note: To drag & drop a message to a case, the desired case must be in your recent cases list and if you're using Merus on a widescreen monitor so that you see message in the 2-pane/preview mode, you cannot drag & drop the current message selected.
1. From your Merus Inbox, select one or multiple messages to link to one case by checking the box next to the message(s).
2. Click Link to Case below the Filter bar next to Mark Read.