Using Uniform Task Based Management System (UTBMS) Codes in Merus
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Adding new billing codes to ledgers
- Applying a Payment to an Invoice
- Bookkeeping in Ledger Activity
- Creating a Ledger Item
- Creating an Invoice
- Defining the Default Billing Rates in a Case
- Deleting an Invoice
- Exporting a LEDES98b Invoice
- Exporting an Invoice
- How to View an Open Invoice
- Importing Billing Codes
- Opening an Invoice as a PDF
- Recording and adding a payment to an open invoice
- Set up Auto Time Tracking in Firm Preferences
- Setting Default Billing Party in a Case
- Setting a Default Billing Rate for a User
- Setting and Using Quick Codes in Merus
- Setting up Courtesy Time Tracking
- Tracking Time in a New Case Activity
- Tracking Time while Composing a Message
- Tracking Time with a Ledger Item
- Undestanding the LEDES98b Invoice
- Using Billing Tags for Exported Invoices
- Using Uniform Task Based Management System (UTBMS) Codes in Merus
- Using a Custom Header on Invoices
- Using the Global Time Tracker
- What is a UTBMS code?
- Why aren't my UTBMS Codes showing up when adding a ledger item?
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Once inside a Case, go to the Case Details tab.
2. On the right side of your screen, under Case Info, scroll down to the Billing Section to view the Billing Description Preference for this case.
3. To set a Billing Description Preference, click Edit.
4. Select a preference in the Billing Description Preference drop-down menu:
- Show All Options (Set by default)
- Show Only UTBMS - Based Options
- Show Only Custom, Non-UTBMS Options
5. Click Save.
Use UTBMS Codes While Logging Billable Time
Use UTBMS Codes in LEDES Format Invoicing
1. Using an invoice with UTBMS Codes, go to Books > Open Invoices.
2. Locate an invoice with UTBMS Codes. Select your chosen invoice by checking the box in line with the invoice.
3. Click Export Invoices.
4. In the drop-down menu, select LEDES 1998B as your export format.
5. Click Export.
6. Once converted, your LEDES 1998B formatted invoice will be accessible in Messages.