Setting a Default Billing Rate for a User
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Adding new billing codes to ledgers
- Applying a Payment to an Invoice
- Bookkeeping in Ledger Activity
- Creating a Ledger Item
- Creating an Invoice
- Defining the Default Billing Rates in a Case
- Deleting an Invoice
- Exporting a LEDES98b Invoice
- Exporting an Invoice
- How to View an Open Invoice
- Importing Billing Codes
- Opening an Invoice as a PDF
- Recording and adding a payment to an open invoice
- Set up Auto Time Tracking in Firm Preferences
- Setting Default Billing Party in a Case
- Setting a Default Billing Rate for a User
- Setting and Using Quick Codes in Merus
- Setting up Courtesy Time Tracking
- Tracking Time in a New Case Activity
- Tracking Time while Composing a Message
- Tracking Time with a Ledger Item
- Undestanding the LEDES98b Invoice
- Using Billing Tags for Exported Invoices
- Using Uniform Task Based Management System (UTBMS) Codes in Merus
- Using a Custom Header on Invoices
- Using the Global Time Tracker
- What is a UTBMS code?
- Why aren't my UTBMS Codes showing up when adding a ledger item?
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Logged in as a firm administrator, go to Tools > Settings and Options.
2. In the left-hand menu, under User Management, click on User List.
3. Select the user you would like to set a default billing type for. Click on that user.
4. You will be taken to that user's account. Click on Edit.
5. In the edit user account page, select an option from the User Default Billing Rate dropdown menu.
- No Default (default billing type selection)
- Rate for Attorney Responsible (Corresponds to Partner)
- Rate for Attorney Handling (Corresponds to Associate Attorney)
- Rate for Paralegal Handling (Corresponds to Legal Assistant)
- Rate for Secretary Handling.
6. If you would like to change your own Default Billing Rate, go to My Account directly and follow the same steps listed above.