Creating a Ledger Item
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Adding new billing codes to ledgers
- Applying a Payment to an Invoice
- Bookkeeping in Ledger Activity
- Creating a Ledger Item
- Creating an Invoice
- Defining the Default Billing Rates in a Case
- Deleting an Invoice
- Exporting a LEDES98b Invoice
- Exporting an Invoice
- How to View an Open Invoice
- Importing Billing Codes
- Opening an Invoice as a PDF
- Recording and adding a payment to an open invoice
- Set up Auto Time Tracking in Firm Preferences
- Setting Default Billing Party in a Case
- Setting a Default Billing Rate for a User
- Setting and Using Quick Codes in Merus
- Setting up Courtesy Time Tracking
- Tracking Time in a New Case Activity
- Tracking Time while Composing a Message
- Tracking Time with a Ledger Item
- Undestanding the LEDES98b Invoice
- Using Billing Tags for Exported Invoices
- Using Uniform Task Based Management System (UTBMS) Codes in Merus
- Using a Custom Header on Invoices
- Using the Global Time Tracker
- What is a UTBMS code?
- Why aren't my UTBMS Codes showing up when adding a ledger item?
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Books. MerusCase helps you keep track of invoices and receivables easier than ever. The following is an overview of how this feature works.
The life of an invoice begins as a ledger item with the Type set to one of the four invoice selections:
- Billable Time
- Deposition Fee
- Settlement Reached
|Figure 1: Ledgers|
Creating Ledger Items that can be Invoiced
There are three ways to create a Billable Time ledger item in MerusCase
1. In a New Activity for a case
When creating a New Activity while in a case.
1. Go to the activity tab
2. Click on the new activity button on the right hand corner of the screen.
|Figure 1: New Activity button|
3. New Case Activity window will open click on Add Time Charges
|Figure 2: Add Time Charges|
4. Fill in the information and Save.
|Figure 3: Fill in the information and save|
2. When you are in a case and composing a case message
- When composing a case message. Click the Add Time Charges link.
|Figure 4: Compose a message and click on Add Time Charges
2. Create a ledger item from the Ledger tab of the Case.
|Figure 5: New Ledger Item
3. The global Log Time icon.
|Figure 6: Global Time Icon|
|Figure 7: Fill in Case information|
|Figure 8: Fill in Time Charges for that case|
Once the Add Time Charges is clicked the time will automatically start counting and calculate the Amount based on Hours x Rate. You can set your default Rate and have time charges automatically turned on in your User Preferences.