Creating an Immigration Packet
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
MerusCase enables you to quickly auto-populate case information with just a few clicks, eliminating the need to enter redundant information time after time. With MerusCase's filing for immigration, it's easier than ever to generate immigration packets, such as U-Visa, DACA, and Extension of Status, with lightening speed.
How to Create an Immigration Packet
1. From within your Immigration case, click on the Case Details tab
2. In the Case Info box, under the Filings section, click Add Filing Packet.
3. Select your desired packet from the drop-down menu.
4. From here, Merus will show you both the required and optional documents available for that particular packet. Using the checkboxes, select which forms you would like to include and click Add Packet.
5. After you have added the packet, click the Create a Merged Form icon in order to create that form.
6. The Immigration packet forms work exactly like other forms within MerusCase: all you have to do is fill out the fields with your client's information. You can also click the Auto-fill button, which will merge the form with pre-existing client data from the case.
7. When you have completed the form, click on Finalize to generate a PDF copy.
8. You must repeat steps 5 through 7 for every form in the packet.
9. Once you have completed finalizing each of the packet's forms, the packet is now ready to file.
How to Edit an Immigration Packet
1. In order to change a finalized Immigration packet form, you will have to recreate the form from scratch. In order to do this, find your packet and click on the Add Form button.
2. Select the new form from the drop-down menu.
3. Continue with steps 5 through 7 from the "How to Create an Immigration Packet" section.
4. Update the status of the incorrect form to reflect this change.
How to Update a Filing Status
1. Under the Case Info section, click the Edit Filing Status button.
2. Select your desired Response from the drop-down menu and fill out the corresponding fields.