Changing Keyboard Shortcuts
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Changing the Shortcuts
- Go to Tools > Settings & Options.
- Click the User Preferences tab.
- Scroll down Keyboard Shortcuts section.
Once you are in the Keyboard Shortcuts section, you can enter any text in the three text fields. That text will then be pasted into any text field you are editing when you press the corresponding key.
There are some tricks you can use to instantly insert the current date in a text field with one keystroke. If you put <<DATE>>, in one of the Keyboard Shortcut fields, then when you press the corresponding key, the current date will appear! If you put <<DATETIME>> in one of the fields, then when you press the corresponding key, the current date and time will be inserted.
MerusCase takes precedence, so if your browser uses any of these keys, their function will be taken over by MerusCase. These functions do not work anywhere that uses Rich Text (composing an email in Merus).