Getting Logged Out for Inactivity
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Accessing MerusCase Offline
- Applicant Address Showing up as Employer Address in Merged Forms
- Can My Computer Run Merus?
- Clearing Your Browser's Cache
- Deleting Old PDF Forms in Merus
- Font Size Changing in PDFs
- Getting Logged Out for Inactivity
- Is Merus Secure?
- Merus Keeps Saying I Logged in from Another Location
- Not Seeing Certain Parts of Merus?
- Print Table vs. Print Panel
- Requesting or Scheduling a Backup Copy of Your Data
- Some Contacts Appear Empty
- Syncing Calendar and Contacts on Android Device
- Syncing Calendar and Contacts on an Apple device
- Syncing Data without Manually Refreshing
For security purposes there is a default time limit for how long a log in session will last without any user activity. These sessions are setup so that they will cover a full work day, however, you may experience an issue where the system will log you out even though you are actively using your account.
This problem, more often than not, is simply the fact that there are two or more windows of your browser running at the same time and of the windows is old enough to have initiated the inactivity message.
To reduce being accidentally logged out make sure to have only one window of your browser (Chrome or Firefox) running. You can however, have as many tabs open as you wish by clicking the new tab icon in the upper right of the MerusCase screen.