Syncing Data without Manually Refreshing
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Accessing MerusCase Offline
- Applicant Address Showing up as Employer Address in Merged Forms
- Can My Computer Run Merus?
- Clearing Your Browser's Cache
- Deleting Old PDF Forms in Merus
- Font Size Changing in PDFs
- Getting Logged Out for Inactivity
- Is Merus Secure?
- Merus Keeps Saying I Logged in from Another Location
- Not Seeing Certain Parts of Merus?
- Print Table vs. Print Panel
- Requesting or Scheduling a Backup Copy of Your Data
- Some Contacts Appear Empty
- Syncing Calendar and Contacts on Android Device
- Syncing Calendar and Contacts on an Apple device
- Syncing Data without Manually Refreshing
Yes! You can sync without a manual refresh.
The beauty of online based programs, like Merus, is that everything can be done automatically. Whether you're on the train with your iPad, at your desktop, or rushing for that cab with phone in hand; adding events and info to your cases is a click away. But what about other users in your firm? If you schedule a new deposition from the cafe, will your firm colleagues see it at the office? Or if someone creates an Order for Transcript at the end of the day, will you see it while you're logged in from home?
The answer is still yes!
As long as you're logged into your firm, updates will be viewable within seconds (well, maybe a second and a half). Because Merus caches all of your resources as soon as you log on, you'll only ever have to click on the resource (For example: View Calendar) in order to see the latest update.
Granted, in order to prevent unintentional changes or revisions, MerusCase will not refresh your screen the split second a change is made (imagine someone changing the time for that depo right before you saved a well thought out description, that would be rather messy!). But you'll only ever have to click the resource you'd like to view (Tasks, Cases, Documents, Calendar, etc.) to see the latest updates in your case.
It is unnecessary to manually refresh pages, and actually makes things slower. When you manually refresh, you are forcing the browser to reload everything, whereas by clicking on the desired resource, your browser is simply changing/adding to the information you've already cached, which is much faster!