Using the Drag-and-Drop Upload Tool
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Assigning Uploaded Documents to a Case
- Auto-Opening Documents in Firefox
- Batch Uploading Documents
- Blocking Uploaded Documents from Going to Your Inbox
- Changing Firm or Branch Office Letterhead
- Changing an Existing Template
- Changing the Program that Opens Merged Documents
- Combining Documents Within a Case
- Compress / Combine / Zip Files and Upload Them
- Creating a Pleading Template in Microsoft Office
- Creating a Template
- Creating and Deleting a Filled Form
- Deleting Documents
- Disabling Word 2010's 'Protected Document' Feature
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2007 for Quicksave
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2011 on Mac for QuickSave
- Enabling QuickSave for Use in Merus
- File Size Limit for Uploads
- File Types You Can Upload in MerusCase
- Finding Court Forms
- Finding Uploaded Files
- Managing Uploads From Your Inbox
- Merging Documents
- Migrating Tritek Form Letter Templates to Merus
- Removing Headers and Footers When Printing
- Scanning Documents for a Batch Upload
- Three Essentials for the Template Creation Process
- Using .docx Files with Older Versions of MS Word
- Using Global Search for Documents
- Using the Drag-and-Drop Upload Tool
- Using the Upload Tool
- Applying Batch "Find and Replace" Operations to MerusCase Templates
- Inserting a Signature Image in Letter Templates
- QuickSave: Save to Merus
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Did you know that you can simply drag and drop your files into MerusCase? It makes our Upload Tool even more convenient to use. Just follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to Documents > Upload Tool.
- Select the files you want to upload from a folder, drive or desktop on your computer
NOTE: If you are dragging files from your desktop, you may want to shrink your browser size and move the browser window to a place that allows you to see the desired files on your desktop.
To select multiple files at once:
- In Windows, hold down the CTRL button while selecting files.
- For Mac, hold down the Command button while selecting files.
- OR hold the left-hand mouse button while drawing a box around the files you want to select.
3. Once the files are selected, drag them to the browser with MerusCase's Upload Tool.
4. Drop them on the folder icon (it should glow green).
5. Select the Upload Type
For Upload Type, choose an option that describes the type of file you are transferring to MerusCase. File type options include:
- Office (MS Word) Template
- Court Form Template
- Batch Scan
- Invoice Template
6. Attach to Case
If the uploaded file(s) are associated with a specific case, be sure to type in the case name in the "Attach to Case" field and choose the appropraite case from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click Upload.
Once your upload is complete, there are several options for viewing and managing your newly uploaded files.