Compress / Combine / Zip Files and Upload Them
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Assigning Uploaded Documents to a Case
- Auto-Opening Documents in Firefox
- Batch Uploading Documents
- Blocking Uploaded Documents from Going to Your Inbox
- Changing Firm or Branch Office Letterhead
- Changing an Existing Template
- Changing the Program that Opens Merged Documents
- Combining Documents Within a Case
- Compress / Combine / Zip Files and Upload Them
- Creating a Pleading Template in Microsoft Office
- Creating a Template
- Creating and Deleting a Filled Form
- Deleting Documents
- Disabling Word 2010's 'Protected Document' Feature
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2007 for Quicksave
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2011 on Mac for QuickSave
- Enabling QuickSave for Use in Merus
- File Size Limit for Uploads
- File Types You Can Upload in MerusCase
- Finding Court Forms
- Finding Uploaded Files
- Managing Uploads From Your Inbox
- Merging Documents
- Migrating Tritek Form Letter Templates to Merus
- Removing Headers and Footers When Printing
- Scanning Documents for a Batch Upload
- Three Essentials for the Template Creation Process
- Using .docx Files with Older Versions of MS Word
- Using Global Search for Documents
- Using the Drag-and-Drop Upload Tool
- Using the Upload Tool
- Applying Batch "Find and Replace" Operations to MerusCase Templates
- Inserting a Signature Image in Letter Templates
- QuickSave: Save to Merus
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
2. Click the right-hand button on your mouse, and select Send To from the menu that appears.
3. Select Compressed or Zipped Folder from the secondary menu.
4. This will create a new Zipped Folder, which will show up as a new icon ready to be renamed.
1. Open the folder that contains the files you want to zip together.
2. Click the right-hand button on your mouse and select New from the menu that appears.
3. Select Zipped File from the secondary menu.
4. A new icon will appear in the folder ready to be renamed. You may use any name as long as it ends in “.zip”.
5. Drag and drop any files you want to compress into the zip file.
No Zip file option?
If you don't see a "Send to a Compressed or Zipped Folder" when right-clicking your files, you may not have a zip software program installed. You can find a list of zip file software programs availble for download here.
Uploading Zip File
After the zipped file has been created, you can use the Upload Tool to transfer the file to MerusCase. Before hitting the Upload button, make sure the Upload Type is set to Document. Zipped files can only be uploaded to MerusCase as Documents. Once the upload is complete, the zipped file should appear attached to a message in your Inbox (unless you blocked uploads from going to your Inbox).