Applying Batch "Find and Replace" Operations to MerusCase Templates
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Assigning Uploaded Documents to a Case
- Auto-Opening Documents in Firefox
- Batch Uploading Documents
- Blocking Uploaded Documents from Going to Your Inbox
- Changing Firm or Branch Office Letterhead
- Changing an Existing Template
- Changing the Program that Opens Merged Documents
- Combining Documents Within a Case
- Compress / Combine / Zip Files and Upload Them
- Creating a Pleading Template in Microsoft Office
- Creating a Template
- Creating and Deleting a Filled Form
- Deleting Documents
- Disabling Word 2010's 'Protected Document' Feature
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2007 for Quicksave
- Enabling Macros in MS Word 2011 on Mac for QuickSave
- Enabling QuickSave for Use in Merus
- File Size Limit for Uploads
- File Types You Can Upload in MerusCase
- Finding Court Forms
- Finding Uploaded Files
- Managing Uploads From Your Inbox
- Merging Documents
- Migrating Tritek Form Letter Templates to Merus
- Removing Headers and Footers When Printing
- Scanning Documents for a Batch Upload
- Three Essentials for the Template Creation Process
- Using .docx Files with Older Versions of MS Word
- Using Global Search for Documents
- Using the Drag-and-Drop Upload Tool
- Using the Upload Tool
- Applying Batch "Find and Replace" Operations to MerusCase Templates
- Inserting a Signature Image in Letter Templates
- QuickSave: Save to Merus
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Download our template that contains the macro Batch Find-and-Replace.
2. Create a folder in the directory “C:\Batch” with ‘Batch’ being the name of the newly created folder.
3. Place all of the templates you’d like to swap fields out with into “C:\Batch”.
4. Open the document that contains our batch-replace macro (the one just downloaded in step 1.)
5. Open the MerusCase Template Creator. Select the mergefield you would like to paste into the templates by navigating to it within the Merus tab and clicking the designated mergefield. Once the mergefield is present on the document, highlight it, right click and select copy, making sure not to select the space after the mergefield. The mergefield is now stored in the clipboard.
6. If you don't already have it displayed up on the ribbon, you're going to have to check to display the developer tab. This is where the macros are located within Microsoft Word . To do so go to File -> Options -> Customize Ribbon -> and then click the developer check box located on the right.
7. Run the macro, located at the top left of the screen, referred to as "BatchReplaceAll".
8. Use 'Find and Replace' on the first document as you would when normally performing this action. When inputting the 'replace with' box type in "^c" without the quotes. Once you exit the initial document a prompt will appear asking if you'd like to do the same for the rest of the documents, click 'yes' and it'll apply those changes to the rest of the documents.
A couple of side notes – Be sure to select everything correctly when copying your mergefield to the clip board, and when when setting the Find and Replace options within Word. Failure to do so could drastically affect the templates in an undesired manner.