Editing Employment History
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Adding Multiple Addresses: Current & Previous
- Adding a Party to a Case
- Click-to-Call Phone Numbers
- Contact Details Overview
- Deleting a Company or Contact
- Detaching a Contact from a Case
- Detaching a Contact from a Company
- Editing Employment History
- Hiding a Party in the Parties Section
- Removing Duplicate Contacts
- Setting Primary Contact Information
- Social Media Integration
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
In MerusCase, in addition to associating a contact with their current employer, you can also keep a record of their employment history. For any previous employer, you can track the company name, as well as their position at the company, the start and end dates of their employment, as well as the reason they are no longer with the company.
To add a new entry in a contact's employment history, first open their contact record by going to Contacts > Browse Contacts. Once viewing their Contact Details pane, select the Employment History tab, and in the top right corner, click the blue Add Employment History link to add a new entry.
For each entry in Employment History, the Start Date, End Date, and Company are required. When you enter the company name, the Auto-Complete widget will suggest entries from your Rolodex, and will create a new company record if no matching record exists.
Optional fields include the Title/Position where you can note their role at a given company, if known, and the Reason for Leaving, where you can enter notes related to why they left the company.