Detaching a Contact from a Case
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Adding Multiple Addresses: Current & Previous
- Adding a Party to a Case
- Click-to-Call Phone Numbers
- Contact Details Overview
- Deleting a Company or Contact
- Detaching a Contact from a Case
- Detaching a Contact from a Company
- Editing Employment History
- Hiding a Party in the Parties Section
- Removing Duplicate Contacts
- Setting Primary Contact Information
- Social Media Integration
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
If a contact was attached by mistake or you want to delete a contact, then you will need to detach them before proceeding with the deletion.
ATTENTION: any contacts that you would like to delete must first be detached from all their corresponding cases.
Detaching a contact from a case
- Navigate to Contacts > Browse Contacts.
- Filter your firm's contacts by searching for their name.
- Click on contact details icon by their name.
- Click the Cases section.
- Click the detach contact icon.
If the contact is an applicant or plaintiff in a case, as seen in the image above, then the contact will not be able to deleted until after their case is deleted.
Detaching a contact from within a case
Pro Tip Update: You can Hide This Party instead of removing them if you want to maintain a history of participants on a case!
- From within a case click on the Parties section.
- Click on the contact you want to remove.
- Then click Remove.
NOTE: when you detach the contact from a case, it does not delete the contact.