Editing Activity Shortcuts
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Cases & Activities
- Adding Tags to Activities
- Assigning a Case to a Branch Office
- Changing Case Details
- Consolidating / Merging Cases
- Creating a New Case Activity
- Creating a New Case
- Customizing Activity Tags
- Deleting a Case
- Editing Activity Shortcuts
- Editing a Case Activity
- Hiding a Case Activity
- Master File Overview
- Stale Case Notifications
- Viewing All Recent Firm Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily create and use shortcuts for the most commonly searched items in the Activity tab of a case. You may want to edit these shortcuts from the defaults, as each person in a firm has different tasks and priorities.
Editing the Shortcuts
- Navigate to Tools > Settings and Options.
- Click on the User Preferences tab.
- Scroll down to the Case Details section.
- Edit the details of each shortcut, ie. Label, Filter By, or Filter Text.
The Label field is the link that will be displayed at the top of the activities section. The Filter By field allows you to determine which area is filtered, either by tags, description, etc. The Filter Text field is terms that will be searched, which can be significantly longer than the shortcut label.