Adding a New User
- Getting Started
- Administrator Tools & User Management
- Adding & Editing Firm Branch Offices
- Adding a New User
- Changing Firm Settings / Details
- Changing a User's Access Level
- Checking Your User / Firm Administrator Status
- Deactivating a User
- Resetting a User's Password
- Restricting User Access Based on Location
- The Difference Between Admin and Non-Admin Users
- User Access Levels
- Cases & Activities
- Contacts & Companies
- Events & Calendar
- Tasks & Workflows
- Messages & Email
- Documents, Templates & Uploads
- Invoices, Payments & Billable Time
- Personal Injury Features
- Workers' Compensation Features
- Immigration Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Only Firm Administrators can add, edit, or deactivate users.
Not sure if you're a firm administrator? See our help article on how to check your user / firm administrator status.
If you are a firm administrator, follow these steps to access the user management tools:
1. Go to Tools > Settings and Options.
2. Under the User Management left-hand menu, click on User List.
Creating a New User
- In the User List, click New User to add a user.
2. Fill in all information and click Save.
Editing User Details / Permission Levels
- Go to Tools > Settings and Options.
- Under User Management in the left-hand menu, click on User List.
- Find the user's name and click on it to open their User Account details
- Click Edit in the upper, right-hand corner.
After accessing a user's account details and hitting the Edit button, you can alter a user's first name, last name, initials, billing information, permission level and restrict their access based on IP address.
You can also reset a user's password, which will send the user an email with a new, temporary password for logging into MerusCase.